RE: Dragonewt Plinths

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:07:04 +0000 (GMT)

> Thanks Jane. So your standing stone 'henges' act
> somewhat as gateways (a
> bit like the Stargate in Mick's renderings)?

Probably: I never had to figure that out. The players only got a good look at the single stones that marked the line of the road, they never saw entry points. Carnac might be a better comparison that Stonehenge in that sense. Or the avenues leading away from Avebury. Same feeling of being ancient.

> I like the idea that 'Only 5 minutes ago they
> weren't there'; very cool.

A bunch of dragonnewts had been doing a strange ritual to reactivate a dead road. I see dragonnewts as either having a lot of control over Time or being very flexible about Time, or something like that. So pre-ceremony, no stones, post-ceremony, stones thousands of years old. Editing the past or future may be impossible for humans, but for dragon-newts it's easy. They just have problems with the present :)

> You wrote:
> 'The players never got onto the Road themselves, so
> I never had to
> figure out what the plinths would have looked like
> from that perpective,
> other than "totally different".'
>
> I get the feeling that this is true for most groups.
> :) I wonder how
> many are like me and always wanted to have a go at
> having it in a story?

As a player, I've travelled by dragonnewt road. but that was years ago, and sadly I don't remember the FX involved.

Eventually my players will, too. I was just scene-setting for events game-years in the future, when they find out about the dragon-duck links (when Orlanth promised to give the ducks Flight back, he was actually offering to turn them into dragons: yes, this is an EWF variant of Orlanth!). And it would probably have fed into the Dragonrise somehow.

> I'm preparing inscriptions/carvings for EWF add-on
> stone bowls. If you,
> or anyone else, wants to see the designs I come up
> with (will be
> finished for tonights session) just say.

Post to the Glorantha3D list, perhaps?

Jane Williams

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save �80 http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk