RE: Dragonewt Plinths

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 03:00:10 -0000

Thanks Darran. It's been under my nose all along!

Not being funny or anything, your reference to page 4 of DP:LoT may be a dragonewt plinth (and is definitely similar to Jane's conception) but it's likely that this is the one meant as a guideline:

Quote from that very same book (so I thank you again for making me look under my nose >blush<)
DP:LoT p22
Dragonewt Cities

See Contemplative-Rest, Dragon's Eye, Ghosts-Around.

Dragonewts have a large presence in Dragon Pass, with a large city (called by everyone the Dragon's Eye, though no one knows what the dragonewts call it) and eight smaller cities.

The cities are connected by magical roads, which are mostly in the Otherworld (which Otherworld, however, is open to debate). The physical manifestations of the Dragonewt Roads are the Dragonewt Plinths, large, square, rune-carved stones placed about 20 miles apart in straight lines between the cities. Mortal races can learn the secret of travel on the Roads, but it is dangerous magic. A more common use of the Plinths is to draw upon their magical energies, though this depletes the Plinth of its power, interrupts the Road, and (understandably) angers the dragonewts.

Well, my players worked out how to activate the Youfish 'DHD' (couldn't avoid the SG-1 reference in the end >sigh< :) ) and have now entered the dragonewt road system. Aha! I have them just where I want them!! >)

Next thing is: what is it like inside? Anyone?

Btw, I have already posted one image of the carvings on the Youfish plinth-DHD on Glorantha3D (not a 3D one, though!); it's of an Ouroboros Dreamcatcher. More will follow.

Best to all

Matthew