Dismembered gods (was Re: Belintar & Nysalor)

From: S. Ben Melhuish <sben_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:48:31 -0800

Andrew Solovay wrote:

> ...and just then, the desert tracker tells you "I don't care *what* you say,
> that's clearly the Scrotum of Genert!" (And who's to say that Nysalor and/or
> Belintar didn't incorporate pieces of earlier dismembered gods when they
> were created and/or apotheosized?)

Which begs the question: How many dismembered gods are there? I'd forgotten about Genert (he's the one for whom Issaries followers take hyena pelts into the Wastes, right?); there's Nysalor/Gbaji, and Belintar. Anyone I'm missing? Was Sedenya once dismembered, or "just" dead/missing?

Now I have this image of a lonely, tortured god with mismatched parts, walking across the moors at night....

--
Means and Ends, a Nobilis series
http://pile.org/means/