Re: bronze supply

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 04:09:33 -0000

> > probably require secret knowledge gained from dwarfs (though maybe
> > certain Heortling clans in DP traded with the dwarf of
> > Dwarf Mine for
> > these secrets). Old pit fields could be quite dangerous for the
> > unwary as well.

This would be similar to the ancient and medieval period mines on the Yorkshire or Cornwall moors. Small pits and very minor workings scattered over the ore-field.

> I have a sneaking suspicion that this is female activity as well,
> since it seem s more to be Asrelia[Earth Treasures] or Ernaldan than
> most of the male cults. Three Eye Blue and Gustbran excepted.

Its possible... overseen by the crones. But I suspect that the mining operations are actually male dominanted -- think of it as paying royaltites on your claim.

(beats head on table to stop thinking of claim laws and geological practice)

> So Do we have lots of Little Old Ladies running the mines?
>
> Adam

I hope not. That's just too creepy an image. Though entire economies have been built on the lifting power of little old ladies.

Thanks,

Jeff