Re: bronze supply

From: Dick Kingman <rtkingman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:19:49 -0500

I picture the Heortlings of Dragon Pass using a sort of "closed open-pit" style of mining. However, it may depend on how magical you want your Glorantha.

I have been preparing a "resettling Dragon Pass" campaign and working on the details of the clan and planned events. It is heavily influenced by KoDP. I have been strip mining KoDP for ideas. :-)

One of the clan events will be the discovery on the tula of a deposit of a nice blue-green clay for pottery. (Sound familair?) A couple of years later, the clan will discover the god-bone that lies there next to the clay. The earth priestess/gyda sends an earthsnake (gnome/earth elemental) to determine the size and shape of the bone. It is a big one and will probably keep the clan in bronze for generations, unless they start trading it. When the clan's bonesmith wants more bronze, he asks her for it. She sends the earthsnake in and it loosens the soil covering the bone, breaks up pieces of the bone and lifts them to the surface. The bonesmith and his laborers gather it up and take it back to the smithy.

Happy Holidays,
Sacred Time and successful LBQ,
Dick Kingman