Re: Heortlings and inheritance + (Worship)

From: Dick Kingman <rtkingman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 18:17:46 -0500

Another way of handling the distribution of a deceased Orlanthi's personal property may be to ask him or her. Of course, how easy this is to do may depend on how you treat worship services and how magical you like your Glorantha. (Maybe the style of magic for your Glorantha is a better way of phrasing it.)

If the worshippers at an Orlanth holy day ceremony are actually going to the god plane, to Orlanth's Stead, and if they can interact with their ancestors, then maybe they can just ask their recently "ancestorized" relative if he/she has any special bequests to make. This assumes that the worshippers are not just passive observers of the god plane at these times.

IMG, if a player character is killed, the other PCs will likely meet that character again at Orlanth's Stead. If there is actually a game reason for it, I will let the player play their deceased character for the encounter.

This may be an extreme interpretation of worship ceremonies, but I liked it. It provides that solid connection for the players that their characters would have. Heortlings know what happens to them when they die, at least if they have lived properly. They have seen it and experienced it in their worship. They have met or seen their ancestors there.

Dick Kingman