Re: Re: Heortlings and inheritance + (Worship)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:11:14 -0800

> Another way of handling the distribution of a deceased Orlanthi's personal
> property may be to ask him or her. Of course, how easy this is to do may

[Snip]

> This may be an extreme interpretation of worship ceremonies, but I liked
it.
> It provides that solid connection for the players that their characters
> would have. Heortlings know what happens to them when they die, at least
if
> they have lived properly. They have seen it and experienced it in their
> worship. They have met or seen their ancestors there.

The only problem with this approach (at least in Issaries's Glorantha, your ancestor worship may vary) is that the newly dead ancestor joins a collective "our ancestors" and is not contactable as an individual (unless he managed to get worshipped during his lifetime, in which case he has an actual post-death identity).

He *may* show up as the representitive of the ancestors on Ancestor's Day, but that isn't a guarantee.

Roderick