Re: Orlanthi and rebirth

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:16:31 -0800

> Somewhere in my readings, I seem recall a reference to Orlanthi going to
> Orlanth's Stead to whoop it up with Orlanth until it was time for them to
be
> reborn.
>
> I am I remembering wrong?

Nope. The Orlanthi (men & women, both) believe that they will be reborn into the world after a time spent on the Other Side as part of the "Ancestral Collective".

> I was imagining a worshipper trying to contact an ancestor and finding out
> that the ancestor had been reborn since the last holy day. Would they
expect
> them to be born into the same clan? Would the Orlanthi try to find out
who
> the ancestor is now? Any special treatment for reborn ancestors?

An individual (non-heroic) ancestor isn't contactable in this way. A Heroic (got worshipped after death) ancestor has become a (very minor) godlet, and isn't reborn. So Uncle joe may come back, but you couldn't contact him while he was dead, but Old Man <insert Clan name here> is never coming back because he is still worshipped by your clan.

You'll find this in Thunder Rebels when it hits the stores/your hot little hands.

Hope this helps,
Roderick