Re: Guardians

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:57:42 -0000

The wyter are special case guardians which are actively worshipped and supported by the community and the ancestors. An ancient clan can have a pretty powerful wyter as there may be far more members of it in the afterlife than on the tula.

Wyter are very powerful (10w2+) - I use a 10w + total support from clan size as a baseline for their power (Thunder Rebels p. 101) but assume that a heroband is not going to have ancestors and the like to bolster their support.

I believe that I have some email from Greg to that effect. I'll try and post it here.

But from Thunder Rebels, p 64: Heortlings generally belong to several communities congruent with the various social organizations to which they belong. Each community has a minor deity called a wyter which protects the members of that community in return for worship.

The three basic types are clan, cult and occupation/guild/heroband.

Jeff