Re: eurmalis in clans

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:17:10 -0500

At 08:14 PM 2/22/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a very simple question: how many trickster can a clan accpet or
>tolerate? One of my players has chosen to be a trickster, and they have
>chosen to use a lightbringer ring, which menas they need a trickster for
>the ring, but i'm not really willing to have one player start as a clan
>ring member.

         It's hard to imagine a clan wanting more than one Trickster around, frankly. Maybe the character is an "understudy" because the Ring trickster is getting old. Or, you could say that the character is technically on the Ring, but has no vote and is generally not expected to attend deliberative sessions beyond the invocation necessary to start the process. My question is who is the trickster bound to? Why would the Chief put up with two tricksters, and if he/she did, why would the trickster be allowed to go wandering around unsupervised? OK, how's this; the old trickster did a heroquest to get a body part detaching power -- it worked too well, and the part (your choice!) grew into a whole separate person -- your trickster -- who is still technically part of the clan's one trickster and bound to the Chief. The old trickster sits on the Ring and schemes to get the character back into body part form and reattached. The Chief isn't sure quite what to do, but the new trickster can't just be killed without making the old trickster really unhappy. If the character gets powerful enough, maybe he/she can absorb the old trickster. Now that's comedy!

Peter Larsen