Re: Re: No common magic feats for Heortlings [was: Heortling Collectives for Common Magic]

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:39:23 +0000

> I suppose it depends on how much the support involves "doing" the
>kind of magic being supported. A ceremony that involves sacrificing to a
>god should not be done by a concentrated animist. Now, I don't think
>support is always magic; if your magic is somehow incompatible with the
>bulk of the ceremony (either because you're an animist and the ceremony's
>theist or because the myth says "Destor was not there"), you can add your
>support by doing mundane things -- setting up the posts that define the
>space, unloading the wagons, standing guard while the ceremony is conducted
>-- "from all according to their abilities; to all according to the nature
>of the magic."

I can see at least a possibility of "mixed" rituals. If Orlanthi want to be on good terms with the local Kolat spirits they could do a ritual built around Orlanth welcoming Kolat into the Storm Tribe - which needs Theists representing Orlanth and his kin, and an Animist to represent Kolat. Maybe a kolating shaman can gains some influence over daimons or simply the mundane benefit of a Relationship with the clan by taking part in this ritual.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.