Re: Followers on Quests

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:39:22 +0000

>But does it even make sense for them to be going on the quest, if the
>main character didn't have followers?

Are you sure that the main character doesn't have followers? Take the Arming of Orlanth as an example - a common pre-ritual for Orlanthi HeroQuests. Part of that is for "Orlanth" to strap on his sword. But Orlanth's Sword is Humakt. So, surely the ritual allows for a warrior to step into the Humakt role, even if Humakt isn't explicitly mentioned in the myth.

In general, I'd allow a follower (or other PC) to take any role within the myth - even if in the original it is a part played by an object or skill of the main character. It seems to me to be about the only way to turn solitary heroquests into a meaningful group activity.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson