Re: Shield Destroyer

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:21:57 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Jane Williams wrote:

> --- Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...> wrote:
>
> > I think the idea is that you throw the knife at the
> > target's shield and *that* is what is destroyed.
<snip>
> Ah, got it!
>
> We just use it ranged. No knife needed. Bolts of black
> light, shields going monochrome and then crumbling
> into dust, that sort of thing.

I found that shield-destroying-knife trick rather clever. Humakt is the god of swords, so shield destroyer and weaopon destroyer feats have always brought to my (and my gamers) mind(s) the things that swords do anyway.

Swordblows destroy shields and weapons. So we've always understood the feat to mean that the humakti cleaves his/her enemy's shield in two.

Hadn't even tought about flash-bang-crumble-enemy-shield-beam magic. Sounds like western sorcery to me... ;D

        -Adept