Re: Re: Two swords

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:50:15 +0000 (GMT)

I thought we'd just agreed to take this off-list? (do we need a new list?) but very briefly:

> As for some proof:
> http://www.chronique.com/Library/Fighting/2sword.htm

Which does not mention the size of the second sword.

> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/8187/Niten.htm

definitely using a short sword as the second weapon.

Whichs is the point I was making in the first place. Sword & short sword, great. I use it all the time, it's been used in history, it works. Two long swords/broad swords/ standard swords of any description: no. (Orlanthi "no", perhaps?)

So, very sadly, esp. for my PC at the moment, having two enchanted "ordinary swords" and trying to use one in each hand so as to get the benefit of both lots of magic: problems. -5 level problems at least, depending on what skill you're improvising off. She's got sword& dagger, which is a start.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html