Re: Reincarnation?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:30:14 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, illuminate33 wrote:

> But what kind of way do you use this for game? If you did so
> somehow, how could you do for heroes who try to recover (or lose)
> former live memory? Maybe this is pointless suggestion, but for RW
> eastern mysticism, samsara is a simple fact and its main purpose is
> escaping from it.....
>
> TI

I've run with this in my campaign. One of the characters if an EWF era Pavis dragon-warrior (human, that is), the wyvern rider captain of Wyvern Gate, actually.

The character "Ainigma" started (as far as the player knew) as a lefthanded Sundomer man with a strange yellow left eye. During the course of the game he has found out that he has/is the reincarnated soul of Brownwing - one of the Dragonlords of Pavis (as sundomer history remembers them). When the dragoewts came, Brownwing used Utuma to free his soul and hid among many humans. In ainigma, his piggybag ride ended and he's real personality started to surface.

Of course he needed to have somebody perform the mind/soul/tongue split on him before he could really recover his draconic personality and skills.

In the same vein there is a Sheng Seleris style antigod on the rise. A soul of a more advanced EWF human, that fled to Kralorela and has lived as a mystic ever since.

Interesting how the game is shaping up. I just wish there was more material on the mystics.

        -Adept