Re: Re: Imperial Government Organization

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:33:39 +0000

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> writes:

>Jesse:
>>Also, lets say some local nobles wanted to try to bring a border
>>region into the empire with a minimum of conflict (because resources
>>are tied up elswhere, like Sartar) and found someone willing to
>>negotiate that.
>
>One can always swear loyalty to the local noble and become part of
>the empire. Territorial acquisitions do not have to be cleared with
>head office first.

Although I would suspect that for political reasons, it could be *advisable* to do so.

If you don't carry out the political groundwork in Glamour beforehand, then Moonson (or his advisors) might decide you're conducting a power-grab for your own personal benefit, not that of the Empire. Maybe you're even trying to strengthen your hand for a future rebellion, or an attempt to usurp the Footstool of Yelm?

Plus, if things go wrong during the expansion, you may need to call on the Imperial Army for help. It would look bad if the regional commander refused to send troops, because s/he didn't agree with the acquisition, wasn't consulted, and is sticking to the letter of the law that the Imperial border is where it always used to be...

Stephen