Re: Re: Laying the foreigner's ghost to rest

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:54:10 -0500

Ian Cooper wrote:

> > In Bloodletting and Peacemaking (by Ian Millar, I think) there's a
> lot
> > of fascinating legal proceedures. The one you describe is
> mentioned in
> > rather more detail than one might like!
>
> Bloodtaking and Peacemaking : Feud, Law, and Society in Saga
> Iceland By: William Ian Miller
>
> Ah, that is where I read it. Thanks Jeff, I'll try to remember to re-
> read it.
>
> Ian

Thanks for the full, CORRECTED quote! I was trying to re-order it as a gift for a friend. Its great book for legal shennanigans and clan/family oriented culture. According to Greg, the Heortlings are evolving away from the Clan/Bloodline to a Tribal/Steading (farm) culture... so this would be very useful.

Jeff