Re: Re: Heortling Marriage, Courtship, Bridewealth

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:43:51 -0500

Tim Ellis wrote:

> > Romeo And Juliet scenarios are fine -- but only if everyone dies!
> >

> No, That's Macbeth. in R&J it just *most* people that die, the
> parents have to survive to feel sorry about it...

Or Hamlet, or Titus, or Othello...

> > Marriage Contest! Feast. Feats. Suitable dowries (not small but
> > not large). You'd also be looking at fosterage and adoption.
> >
> > Oh, that would be lovely for a clan that got hammered into the
> > ground during the rebellions. I LIKE this. Might I use it?
>
> Of course! If I wanted to keep it private, I wouldn't post it here!
> (Besides which, you might end up writing it up as scenario on the
> Issaries site, then I get to use it without having to work out the
> details!)

A-heh. Of course. With all the scenario ideas flying around, we'd have almost enough information for a Pendragon-style supplement. Hmmm...

> [capturing Thralls to marry their (Free) Children]
> > >
> > Its sounds like an idea Vadrus would come up with. Its twisted
> enough.
> >
> Yeah, I thought it was twisted too! Offer it as a solution in the
> tribal moot and see which Characters are twisted enough to play along
> with it.

I MUST figure out how to get my heroes stuck in something like that. (hi guys, ignore the little man behind the curtain). But I think if you take the parents as thralls, the children are thralls as well. You're right... I think it would need a lawspeaker. But I think that if you tried it with a Jarani Lawspeaker around with a Lawstaff, he'd make your head explode for that perversion of kinship... but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff