Re: Faceless Statue

From: Keith Nellist <kmnellist_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:27:34 -0000

Nick Eden:
> > Most of my chairs are about 2/3rds of my height, not 1/5th.

Asolovay
> Possibly stupid question--do we know that the throne had a back? It
could
> have been a stool. (F'r'ex, I believe a Roman tribune's chair of
office was
> a stool.) In that case, 1/5 height is quite plausible.
>
> For that matter, could the "100 feet" figure be "height from ground
to seat
> surface", not "height of the tallest point of the throne"?

I must admit that I read it as height of the seat, although that isn't specified. To be honest, I always thought of it as an immense w.c. - the Well of Shadows beneath it being some sort of U-bend through which trolls might reach Azdurana. It is carved from an immense block of obsidian, so I guess it isn't a standard model.

As long as no one pulls The Chain.

Keith