Re: Re: Distances in Glorantha

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:28:45 +0100

>I've looked at the DP map again, and still don't see
>the problem. The settlements all seem to be a
>reasonable distance apart. When armies are described
>as travelling a certain distance in a day, the
>distance looks about right. What am I overlooking?

Don't know about the DP map, but the general problem is inconsistency. For instance, the ILH states that "a good rider can cover 350 miles in a day... A rider can reach Glamour from Mirin's Cross in three days." So a distance of about a thousand miles. However the map on page 8 shows that Mirin's Cross is about 300 miles from Glamour - a comfortable days ride.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson