Re: Herowars Polls

From: Glenn Overby <guardcaptain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 10:46:51 -0000

> The main impression I get is that only about half of you have any
> intention of bringing your campaign out of the Dragon Pass area,
> where heortlings, Lunars and trolls rub shoulders with the
> occasional dwarf or elf. Looks like one of Issaries' goals should
> be convincing people that there's good gaming to be had beyond DP...

The book that might be most useful (let's make it two books, roughly "East" and "West" of Dragon Pass) is one that provides =some= keywords and =some= background to let us play in =more= of the rich world of Glorantha. I'd have that book or books right behind Sartar, Lunar, and perhaps Uz on a "to do" list.

It's hard to play all over the world when the available game mechanics focus on only a small part of it.

> Most of you still haven't had enough copies of the Kyger Litor cult,
> which suggests to me that people are mostly interested in seeing
> directly gameable info on cultures they already know a fair bit
> about - or aldryami and mostali wouldn't be quite so far behind
> the uz.

Again, we know about a lot of places and cultures and races and such, but we have no "gameable info" for most of it.

> None the less, the fact that at least half of you want one or more
> player books on areas with relatively little coverage so far is
> encouraging - at least to those of us who are writing this stuff!

And the interest in all of the other alternatives taken together is, IMO, a sign that a book which gave space to three to six cultures which aren't yet supported by the HW game system just might do well.

Keep writing the stuff! :)

Glenn Overby