Re: Re: Herowars Polls

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:35:54 -0000

Glenn Overby wrote:

> The book that might be most useful (let's make it two books, roughly
"East" and "West" of Dragon Pass) is one that provides =some=
> keywords and =some= background to let us play in =more= of the rich world
of Glorantha. I'd have that book or books right behind Sartar, Lunar, and perhaps Uz on a "to do" list.

> It's hard to play all over the world when the available game mechanics
focus on only a small part of it.

This is, of course, a shamefully obvious plug, but the launch issue of the forthcoming HW fanzine, The Unspoken Word, will concentrate on Tarsh - with keywords and background. In part it will precisely look at how a Sartar-set campaign can be drawn north and west, with hooks to entice characters to head up to Tarsh (the streets are paved with silver there, you know!). Tarsh is, after all, offers a nice half-way house between empire and Heortling, a veritable 'half-moon' option, with heavy lunar influence over an (Alakoring) Orlanthi base.

And now, back to the programme...

Mark

Dr Mark Galeotti
Director
Organised Russian & Eurasian Crime Research Unit Keele University, Staffs ST5 5BG, UK
Email: hia15_at_...
Tel: +44 (0)1782 583466
Fax: +44 (0)1782 583195