Re: Distances? Trave Rates!

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:27:32 -0000

> Rob Davis
>
> > I prefer the smaller size Lunar Empire, personally. Also, i
think
> > the population figure (10 million) is what i would imagine from
an
> > ancient society with birth healing magic.
>
> The population is roughly equivalent to the Roman Empire at its
maximum
> expansion. The area depicted in Graham's first example is (wild
estimate)
> one sixth of the Roman Empire at its maximum expansion. Given that
the
> limiting factor in Roman population wasn't death in childbed but
feeding
> the masses, I think we do have a problem here.

Jorg, wow! your way brighter than me. My point was just that with the tangible assist from magic, rituals and worship to boost child survival rates, people survival rates and output from husbandry and farming then I 'imagine' the population figure not too high. However I do take your point, but cling fastidiously to mine! ;-)

YGWV
Rob