Re: re:Alakorings and Heortlings

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:06:25 +0100

Ian Cooper:

>which suggests that all extant Orlanthi cultures are influenced by
>Alakoring's changes to the tribal structure, but that only the tribes
>west of the Rockwoods used the name Alakoring (though to me this
>implies his influence may be more significant there).

I don't think that even all of them are Alakoring. In Ralios, frex, there's a long-standing schism between the northern orlanthi tribes and the eastern ones. Basically, the northerners were pro-Arkat way back when, while the easterners were anti-Arkat. Alakoring was from the north (Lankst, I think), so I don't believe his innovations would have been popular in Delela or Saug.

BTW, while we're on the subject of hero origins, not having seen any evidence to the contrary I'm still holding out for Aringor Darstalsson being an East Wilds boy. :-)

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg