Re: Herowars Polls

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:13:58 EST

Nick Eden:

> Most of you still haven't had enough copies of the Kyger
Litor cult,

>which suggests to me that people are mostly interested in
seeing directly

>gameable info on cultures they already know a fair bit about -
or aldryami

>and mostali wouldn't be quite so far behind the uz.

              Seems reasonable. Again it's wanting expansion of the areas we know

              enough about to involve in the games we're able to run right now. >>

    Indeed. While we may know a lot about DP and environs, directly gameable info has been in short supply (at least from official supplements) so its understandable that people are most keen to see that first!

>I'm also guessing that a
>fair few of the 'Other' voters are Prax-fans wanting more on
their favourite

>setting, since it seems a pretty high vote just for Pamaltela!

              I suppose someone might be crying out for Rinliddi.

    Part of the Lunar Empire book, AFAIK. Although it will have its own narrators/scenario book if all goes to plan.

              Sure I want Sorcerer
              Knights (quite a lot more than Ocean Bestiary, sorry),

    I'm not sure what you're apologising for, but you'll be glad to hear that I'm going to finish Sorcerer Knights before I start on the Ocean Bestiary!

Glenn Overby:

<<The book that might be most useful (let's make it two books, roughly "East" and "West" of Dragon Pass) is one that provides =some= keywords and =some= background to let us play in =more= of the rich world of Glorantha. I'd have that book or books right behind Sartar, Lunar, and perhaps Uz on a "to do" list.>>

      The problem with that would be that when the Loskalm and Seshnela books (for instance) eventually did come out they'd be bound to duplicate a lot of the material from the earlier "West" book. Better that you only pay for stuff once, where possible, IMO.

<< It's hard to play all over the world when the available game mechanics focus on only a small part of it. >>

    Well, you have the Sorcery rules and some sorcerous keywords. But, yes, this would be a surprising time for anyone to start gaming in the West, when there's so little available.

 << And the interest in all of the other alternatives taken together is, IMO, a sign that a book which gave space to three to six cultures which aren't yet supported by the HW game system just might do well. >>

     But then you couldn't cover them in anything like the depth of Thunder Rebels or the Imperial Book, which I suspect would be disappointing. You wouldn't be getting much more than you've already got in Introduction to Glorantha, except presumably some keywords, all of which would be duplicated in the detailed book later on.

Trotsky