Re: Herowars Polls

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:27:04 -0000

> One thought, (probably not practical, but still) - I notice that
> Unknown Armies did a scenario book "One Shots" that was 5 "Ready to
> play" scenarios with sample PC's provided. Would something similar
> be feasible for Herowars? If so, then could some/all of those
> scenarios be set outside of the Dragon Pass area? The Keywords
> provided would be in terms of the "short" writeups in the HW:RiG
> rulebook, which, yes, would end up in the "detailed" book, but, as
> with Thunder Rebels, in an extended form. They would be enough to
> support the sample PC's (and maybe to create similar types) rather
> than represent every possible character type (In the same way that
> RiG has no "Farmer" or "Urox" keywords)

Hmm. That's a good idea. Not sure how it might look on paper. From what I recall, Issaries is only envisioning publishing the current 200+ page books. But I don't know if that's set in stone, considering the experiences of the Prax Pack folks....

> Providing Scenarios would ensure the new book was not just
> repeating "Introduction to Glorantha", and would give a "taste" of
> the areas which may encourage people to (a) purchase the "full"
> regional books when they came out and even (b) contribute to those
> books as they seek to expand on the material given...

Not sure how it could be done but its a good thought. Of course, it might be that there's a lot of scenarios and material patiently waiting to go on the website that might fit such criteria. Hmmm...

Jeff "thinking good thoughts" Kyer