Re: Re: True Dragons and heroic scale

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 03:30:35 -0500

donald_at_... wrote:

> When it gets too far from role-playing in Glorantha for an average
> newcomer to cope with. It's not an either/or thing, I read both quite
> happily but there's some stuff on the Digest which is just too obscure
> for me to cope with. You're ready for the Digest when you've got to the
> stage where you can say "I don't need to understand this" and pass on.

Heck, there's stuff on THIS list that's too esoteric for me. Alakorings vs. Vingkotlings is a case in point. Knowing the different political stances of the various Lunar factions is a case in point. Heck, I don't want to even KNOW about the current Lunar emperor's bowel movments, for Orlanth's sake, but the picture is permanently embossed upon my brain ;-)

I'm to the point where I'm thinking about coming up with a simpler background for HQ, de-emphasizing much of the "anthropowankery" of the past decade or so. I love anthropology, and there's a lot about the current HQ background that I consider crucial and necessary, but frankly I spend a lot of time these days going "Whaaaaa....?", and I've been playing games in Glorantha since 1979.

Oh, yeah, it's 3AM, I'm having a major bout of insomnia, and I'm on my 3rd G&T, so I may not even remember making this post in the morning.

Guy (Hoyle)