Re: Re: Kingdom of War speculations

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 01:41:28 -0400

I thought it might be something like that. The more flexibility in the pantheon, the easier it is to insert yourself into it. But it also makes it harder to fix if they succeed. If you've got nothing but the Invisible God, then if the Lunars get into the mix, the Red Goddess becomes the face of the Invisible God made manifest, or the new prophet, or something else that rewrites the whole thing in one go. Basically, you raise the stakes. Because if they do muck about on a smaller scale and replace a saint, you can still assert control from higher up, diminsh the importance of the comprimised saint, etc. (If I put myself in your ritual, that also leaves me open to being controlled by your control of the ritual.)

And now this conversation is drifting off into Digest territory methinks. :)

LC