Re: The great ebay problem

From: wbcreighton <wbcreighton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 21:03:13 -0000

Your best bet usually is to use Paypal. You use your credit card and Paypal charges your credit card. Most sellers accept Paypal. I have used it from Canada 40 plus times without a problem. It doesn't cost you anything to sign up, and E-bay actually bought out or made a deal with Paypal so the two systems are now linked.

If you do sign up make sure you never respond to bogus e-mails asking for your password. I know a guy who had his Paypal account hacked and he had problems because of it.

Another option I have used, for sellers who won't take Paypal, is to mail one of those credit card checks that come with your credit card periodically. You can write them in US funds. I never had anyone refuse them yet.

Warren