Esrolia

From: markmohrfield_at_...
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:40:10 -0000

Me

>I have no evidence whatsoever to support this
>view, but, heck, something has to be done or Esrolia is going to
>suffer a massive population implosion!

Peter Metcalfe:
>I don't see why. I only said the leading men of Esrolia had to
be eunuchs. Medieval Europe had about 2% of the male population practicing celibacy and in Tibet (admittedly an extreme case), the figure was something like a third. Despite this, the populations did not plummet.<

My comments weren't meant to be taken too seriously, they were just humorous justifications for my own squemishness. I realize that there would have to be an absurdly high percentage of the population being eunuchs before it would affect the population growth.

Greg Stafford:
>I am not convinced that this is an Esrolian practice at all.<

Glad to hear that! To my own dismay, though, I suppose there are eunuchs in Glorantha somewhere. Kralorela and/or Fonrit perhaps?

                                             Mark Mohrfield