Re: Dragon Pass and boundaries

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:57:53 -0000

> Here here. I move around and rename clans to suit my game,
> I'm sure other narrators do the same. YGWV 4 MGF - I know
> mine does.

And the Sartarites themselves (not to mention their Lunar overlords) aren't above "moving around and renaming clans," or indeed tribes -- just look at the differences between 1610 and 1621 in Walter Moore's old maps:

http://www.etyries.com/sartar/tribes.htm

Or the Colymar shenanigans described in "King of Sartar" and mapped out by Greg here:

http://www.glorantha.com/new/maps_colymar.html

There's definitely a place for maps showing borders at a point in time... it's just that, given the depth of Glorantha's history and the variety of games played there, that place probably *isn't* the main pictorial poster maps.

After all, some of them might not show the boundaries of the old Kingdom of Tarsh correctly (incorporating Lunar Tarsh, the Exiles, and the Far Point region), and *then* you'll have some difficult explaining to do, when King Arim returns from his ancient resting place... now, you wouldn't want to make him angry, would you? "-)

Cheers, Nick