Prehistoric Matriarchy

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:14:10 -0800

At 08:10 PM 1/10/2001 -0000, Jeff Richards wrote:
>(the idea of Crete as a peaceful matriarchy has always gotten a bit
>under my skin - as a young college student I went to Crete as part of
>an archeological internship. After spending quite a bit of time
>looking at the long, pointy swords of the palatial era Minoans and
>after seeing the fabled Minoan "snake goddess" statue in all of its
>diminuative glory, I must confess that I view the "Chalice and the
>Blade" as a complete fabrication.)

Off subject, but I agree Jeff.
In fact, I don't think that anyone who has dispassionately studied the evidence believes in the matriarchy that is said to have preceded history. Since significent evidence is mounting that there was never even any "Indo-European Invasion" the theory is even more fragile.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>