RE: Garrath Sharpsword

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:03:08 +0100

> Is Garrath Argrath Dragonspear, the priest of Jarang Bladesong and
> is he the Argrath who lights the flame of Sartar to claim the
> kingship? I know we have a number of Argraths but it would make my
> life easier to know if this info is out there as *canon*.

I'd suggest reading OiD on the subject. It gets complicated.

Yes, Garrath is an Argrath.

Yes, he's Jarang's boss.

Yes, he's the guy who takes part in the Cradle (no, he doesn't save it, some group of PCs or other does that if your campaign plays through it).

Therefore, he's also the guy who meets Harrek, sails around with him, and eventually lands in Esrolia to join in the battles Broyan is having down there.

He takes no part in the Dragonrise - none of the Argraths do, the last I heard. That's Kallyr.

No, he doesn't light the Flame: Kallyr does.

Does he become Prince of Sartar? Probably, eventually, but this is an acute case of YGWV.

(Incidentally, if he *is* the Argrath who becomes Prince of Sartar, he's almost certainly also the person who arranged for Harrek to kill Kallyr so as to leave the throne free for him. He's not a nice guy. Not at all. Just very good at self-publicity.)