RE: Re: Garrath the Argrath

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:55:10 +0100

> > And, to be honest, there are ways to boost one's keywords or
> > abilities rapidly. They're called heroquests.
>
> Please indicate the HQ page number where this is said to be possible.
>
> The rule on page 203 clearly states that you can not use Heroquest
> Challenges to increase an existing ability,

It does? (much flipping of pages). It does!

Looks like this is a significant change from HW, then. Narrators Book, p41, makes it clear that similar abilities get added to the old one.

But, these are just rules. A limited means of describing Gloranthan reality, just as RQ was. In Gloranthan reality, I think we all know that you *can* quest to increase your abilities - don't we? After all, anyone who's played KoDP has *done* it!

I can only assume that the new HQ description is intended to make you do it some other way? And perhaps discussion of how should be over on the Rules list?