Re: One for the players....

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:34:27 -0000

Hmm? Its an old concept - first time I saw it was in a Champions supplement many, many, many years ago. Sadly I don't recall the name of it but it had an amazing amount of good GMing tricks that I'd not seen before.

One section discussed player types like "plumbers" (plumb the depths of my character concept), "pro from dover" (his character are best at what he does anywhere), "genre fanatic" (none of THOSE here!), "combat monster" (takes out his stresses vicariously) and a host of others who's names escape me this early in the morning. "Builders" signature riff was a desire to create permanent changes in the campaign setting - especially by building up things (Brian nailed the list earlier).

For me, reading that book (about 15 years ago) was eye opening. There are, of course few pure-type players but it was very useful.

Jeff