Re: Concrete questions.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:33:34 -0500

Christoph Kohring wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:48:39 -0800
> > From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
> > Subject: Re: [Hero Wars] Re: Esrolia
>
> > If you have concrete questions, ask them.
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> Is Yelmalio still a consort ("husband-protector") of Ernalda in Esrolia? Who
> is Yelmalio's wife in Dragon Pass? In the River of Cradles? Is it (still)
> Ernalda?

Quite possibly, though I think Elmal is more well known. Its probably is Ernalda (or something like her) among the various Sun Domes -- it was more the male aspects of the culture that changed. The Earth Tribe is already well able to suffer through dealing with the Solar types.

> Vinga seems to be included in Storm Tribe and not in Thunder Rebels: so
> she's not a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous after all?

No more than Nadan is a subcult of Ernalda... =) I think TR covers standard practices for the '85%" -- neither of which include Vinga or her opposite number.

> Why haven't the Tarsh Exiles been conquered by the Lunar Empire and/or
> Tarsh? Do men still worship Maran Gor as in RQIII? How many Exiles worship
> Orlanth? 85% as usual?!

Think Switzerland. With control of the Weather AND the Earthquakes. And with the presence of Kero Fin (and the near constant cloud about it), I think its probably a very nasty place for the Lunars to work magic.

It just would cost too much for the Tarshites to deal with. I suspect the Lunars don't really care as long as the raiding is kept to a dull roar. Anytime the Exiles get uppity, I suspect heavy punitive raids are mounted (which probably have heavy casualties if they go too deep into the mountains)

> Who or what is Sorana Tor? What is her relationship to Maran Gor who is
> barren whereas Sorana Tor is not? What is her relationship to the Lady of
> the Wild (Tara?) if any? To Kero Fin? To the Feathered Horse Queen?

Ancient Queen of Dragon Pass and priestess of the earth. Married Arim the Pauper, I think. (Or so I recall dimly) Check King of Sartar for details. Sorana Tor is not related to Maran Gor. Lady of the Wild is a local goddess found around Kerofinela who could be any number of powerful hero and heroine's ancestress. FHQ is the current equivalent of Prince of Sartar for the Grazers -- kinda, and embodies a New Way (which is also a very OLD way) among the Horse Spawn.

> What is Engiziland? Another name for Kerofinela?!?

One name for the Storm Tribe's chunk of the Hero Plane.

> I'll stop here, else I could go on and on for hours!
>
> Christoph, lankohring

Vaguely helpfully,

Jeff