Re: Eunuchs galore!

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:41:55 -0500

Peter Larsen wrote:

> Peter Metcalfe says:
>
> >It rules out that they are chaotics or antigods, but as for ruling
> >out their malevolence, I'm not so sure. [examples deleated] Hence I have
> no problems in thinking of the Eunuchs as Draconic mystics and playing up
> their corruption.
>
> That's good to know. The dragons are detatched, so I imagined that
> Draconic mystics were, too. I'm much happier with your expaination, though;
> I can have cool mystics and corruption at the same time. (What's an empire
> without corrupt and scheming officials?) Thanks!

With or without dangly bits. of course, I'm reminded of the huge conflict in China in the 15th century between the Mandrins and the Eunuchs -- eventually the Mandrins won out. This as also the time of Admiral Chen, who got as far as Madagascar with a _huge_ fleet. Pity he never got to Europe.

> Peter Larsen

Enlightement does not ensure benevolence.

Jeff