Re: Paying the Lunar Army

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:50:24 -0000

> >Doesn't this mean that the pay still has to be sent, but ends up
in the
> >officers' or regimental coffers, instead of getting to the
individual
> >soldiers? Thus, no less of an expense.
>
> No. The paymasters are only required to send as much coin
> to satisfy the army. They are not required to send the full
> amount as I said.

I think that would depend on pay is administered and how actual troop strength gets reported to the paymasters. For all we know, pay could be by unit and not by soldier. Heck, given the diversity of units in the Lunar army, pay could be administered differently for just about every unit depending on tradition.

Basically, it should be whatever makes sense, is MGF, and satisfies the need of your game.

> >Also, while this much coin may not be sent, surely this much in
> >military equipment, provisions, etc., needs to be sent.
>
> Sartar can produce many of these things.

I doubt Sartar can produce much of what 10,000 to 20,000 soldiers
will need:)  Maybe over the course of the occupation, more local
crafters and smiths start catering to the Lunar army, but that will
take awhile. Probably not much prior to Starbrow's Rebellion, rising to quite a lot following the fall of Whitewall.

Jeff