RE: Useful utility: Portrait Illustration Maker

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:41:14 +0100

> Is it Friday? :)

Yes - but that was over breakfast, and in any case I've got a day off today.

> Also try
> Hero Machine (FRP, comic book)
> http://www.ugo.com/channels/freestyle/heroMachine/heromachine.asp

Yes, I can also recommend that. Full-body pictures. Tiny head, long legs style, but if that fits...

> Flash face (slow but good, B&W)
> http://flashface.ctapt.de/

I have to say that I just don't find B&W inspiring. Maybe it's just me. But what's the point of a Vingan with B&W hair?

> Virtual Model (nice Photoid, but you get a full body in
> underwear: face is tiny)
> http://www.mvm.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp?

The body can be rotated, too.

And having generated the model, you can then take it shopping for clothes in real shops (this is the object of the exercise, they think). Probably not much use for Glorantha unless your PC wears a bikini or C21 clothes, sadly. (And, now trying it, I'm not convinced that saving the model worked.)

> The alternative is to buy Poser and spend years watching your hair turn
> grey as you tear it out in clumps. :)

But *that* goes over on the Glorantha3D group. This is stuff that anyone who can click a mouse can use, no artistic talent required (well, if I can....)