Re: Gathering thunder/Sky ship (spoiler ?)

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:16:53 -0400

JCGL writes:

>I have read Gathering thunder and is good : congratulations at all
>the contributors!

Agreed! Although I am a bit confused as to why the adventure benchmarks are so low. Most were in the 10w range for best abilities, and starting characters can have a 7w if they want. I had expected the benchmarks to be (at minimum) 15w to 20w, gradually increasing throughout the book. <shrug>

>But I have some questions :

Likewise! I hate to admit to being a Little Brain, but... I have been reading and re-reading the Ship Raising adventure and I really don't understand what is going on. <laugh> It looks like a heroquest but doesn't appear to be reenacting any particular myth. What mythic age does it take place in? Does it take place in the God's World itself? It also has (presumably) permanent and world spanning consequences obvious to anyone who looks up at the night sky. How does that happen? I am confused!!!

~Kevin McD