RE: Re: Gathering thunder/Sky ship (spoiler ?)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:43:29 +0100

> Oh please oh please, powers that be....could some of this cut
> material be made available on-line? Maybe as a GTA initiate thing if
> nothing else?

An interesting concept. That would mean at least one of the authors (me) not having access to it. And as I say, much of it was drafted as plot but never finalised, so we'd have to do a fair amount of work.

> I was preparing a post about how there seemed to be a real missed
> opportunity with this scenario, about how you could have had
> opportunity for player heros to have important roles that weren't the
> central role....but from this it sounds like that was there, but got
> cut :(

There was a lot of discussion at the time: I've always felt that the PCs should be centre stage in whatever the scenario is, not cannon fodder. Greg differs. So anything Patrik and I wrote that was designed along the lines of "the PCs discover this, this, and this, and if they don't want to actually do the job themselves here's an NPC sucker who will", got transformed to first "the NPC does it" and then "the NPC does it off-camera". Which was virtually everything we wrote :(

I'm afraid it's a fundamental difference of opinion about what scenarios in the main story-arc should be about. And since Greg seems to have held this opinion back when the Cradle adventure first came out, and still does, I doubt if he's likely to change. We can hope, he may even post something to say that I've got it All Wrong (please!), but I'm not optimistic.