Re: Zin Letters and Issaries Fan Publishing Policy

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:04:14 -0000

Jane,

I don't believe that there is a secrecy hang-up going on. Issaries most likely does not want people to worry about, speculate on, or tear apart an unfinished and/or incorrect draft of what will become their new official "publishing" policy.

If someone has not been asked to stop what they are doing, either directly or through a specific policy announcement, then I believe that they should carry on as normal, if that is what they are comfortable with. I see no reason to do otherwise.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have a written and signed contractual agreement for the Gloranthan Classics reprints. The Borderlands project is carrying on, albeit slowly, as per before.

Issaries Inc. has been very generous with the level of freedom that it has allowed independent publishers to operate. As one of them, I can state that we do this mainly as a labor of love. We are happy to help keep the game and glorantha alive, and I hope that Issaries will do all that they can to encourage and strengthen that relationship.

See you in Leicester,

Rick Meints
www.glorantha.info