Re: Re: Some concrete Esrolian questions

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:52:48 -0800

At 04:32 PM 1/11/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>Greg Stafford wrote:
>
>> >8)Was the Kingdom of Night a significant influence on Esrolian
>> >culture?
>> I am not sure what the quantifier "significent" means here.
>
>I suspect you may have answered this one in earlier postings. To
>rephrase: Did the Kingdom of Night change Esrolian culture. I suspect
>the answer is: No.

Again, the ambiguity here is vast. What is "change" in the context? Esrola was established after the terrible and tragic events of the Sword and Helm Saga. This occurred during the Darkness, after Vingkot was dead. Virtually NO large political interaction occured at that time--everyone as fighitn locally for survival. Esrola benefitted from Heort's inspiration of I Fought We Won, and afterwards was the Unity Battle and the Unity Council, which established the KoN qs the dominant political entity. The KoN saved Esrolia from total destruction by chaos. Thus the two grew up together, with constant influence and reciprocal influence. Perhaps it is useful to compare this to the Kitori, who were clearly dominated and significently influenced by the uz.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>