Re: Furthest--Karse

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:51:51 +0200 (CEST)

Antonio �lvarez del Cuvillo

> My players are going to Karse from Furthest. I would like to know
> what do you think is the best (or most common) route.

Depends strongly on when they are going and who they are friendly with.

Anyway, the first leg of the road would lead up the Marzeel River across Vingaford to Smithstone. From there one may use the well-built Sartar road past Whitewall to Wilmskirk, or cut across less well developed paths west to the Creekstream River and hope for passage on a durulz boat through Beast Valley. One might go even further west to Rich Post in the Grazelands, although in that case I'd suggest taking the boat to Nochet and either by boat or by caravan up the New River.

Depending on the situation in Sartar, the most common route might be via Boldhome and Aldachur. It has the best roads for most of the way and the easiest pass across the Watershed.

If you want to send your players along the well documented Harda trail (in Land of Thunder as well as in one of the older Myths of the Month), you can get to Runegate via Quackford and Lismelder lands. Don't forget to stop at Greydog Inn. Or you go past Boldhome via Apple Lane and Colymar Lands.

Depending on your choice of route and pass, you'll arrive in Tarsh at either Dunstop (from the Grazelands), Bagnot (via Harda Pass) or Slavewall (via Aldachur). Use the Lunar roads and you cannot miss Furthest.

When best not to travel:

1616 the Wolf Pirates raid the Mirrorsea Bay.

1619 has a couple of weeks at the siege of Karse. Late 1619 has the Crimson Bat flying from Tarsh towards Whitewall.

late 1619 and 1620 has border skirmishes between occupied Volsaxar and Karhend.

late 1621 to Earth Season 1622 it is too bloody cold to travel.

1624 there is civil war in the Grazelands.

1625 the Kitori block the Wilmskirk approach, and Sartar is in open Rebellion.

1626 there is fighting at Runegate and general distrust between Sartar and Tarsh.

late 1627 has fighting in Aldachur.