Re: Girls will be boys and boys will be girls

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:59:25 -0000

> > I apologize if I am missing the point or confusing this already
> > confused thread, but I thought your point was that Nandani would
> > make perfect wives for Vingans. Given that Nandani and Vingans
are
> > both women, David wondered why a Vingan would want to marry
another
> > women. Which is a fair point, I think.
> But Vingans are men, by that very same logic.

Nandan is the god worshipped by women who are born in the shape of men and is an aspect of Ernalda. ST 224. Only women worship Vinga, who in return gives them access to Orlanth's magic. ST 173. Vingans are women. Nandani are women (born in the shape of men). For their to be symmetry, there would need to be a cult for men born in the shape of women (and that ain't Vinga). Fwiw, I don't think there is such symmetry.

Jeff