Re: A great big steaming pile of fewmets

From: tumbrig <blueaxe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:57:38 -0000

> Is this research done by someone more contemporary than Norma
Goodrich?

I got that piece of trivia from a book synopsis I saw in a newspaper about two months ago. The synopsis registered pretty high on my bs. detector so I didn't pay too much attention to it but it did seem to be a newly published work. (I don't remember the title or the author but I doubt if he had any genuinely new revelations.)

I haven't seen the film yet but am intrigued by its claims of historicalness. I rather got the impression that the King Arthur legend was a mediaeval fiction, inspired by older folklore and set in a fantasy past. Which to my uniformed mind, makes all attempts to locate and recreate the `original' Arthur and his historical context a bit silly - be they Dumbartonian or not.