Re: God Post

From: tumbrig <blueaxe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:07:35 -0000

Personally I would not allow this as for me it changes the feel of the game. Somehow having gods act as cosmic switchboards rather robs them of their majesty and mystery, making them more like tools than deities.
Maybe I'm a romantic....
but somehow it would dilute the storytelling side of the game, at least for me anyway.

The incident in cults of Prax could be interpreted as the results of some sort of summon Orlanthi ritual rather than a direct message to a specific person. It might manifest itself in different ways depending on the circumstances. A talking cat here, a strange desire to visit the in laws there; and so on. Sort of a 'create omen to entice Orlanthi to your location' spell.