Re: Secret Paths of Vinga

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:51:35 +0100 (BST)

> Anyone know of any sources for secret paths of Vinga
> - so you could
> travel great distances very quickly.

There were some suggested in my RQ write-up for Tarthcaer - routes between there and Old Wind, as I recall. I'd now suggest that these were a Bad Idea, unless heavily restricted.

It is, however, looking likely that a suitable qualified Vingan (Devotee of the Pathfinder subcult, say) could get *to* Tarthcaer from *any* Mist, not just the ones surrounding it. Getting back again, though - no.

And it looks as if Kallyr was somehow commuting between Whitewall and *somewhere* in the Quivini area in the last few days of the siege, since she seems to have been in both places at once for a bit. I'm assuming that this was a special "this season only" setup even for her.

On the whole, having magical roads capable of instantaneous transport of troops seems to me to be a very bad idea. Such should exist, yes, for the PCs to use, but with special restrictions, special risks, and small groups only (how big's your group of PCs?)

For travelling fast, I thnk you need to look first at Mastakos. Find out what his limits are. Vinga's will be lower. And yes, the special transport facilities linked to Tarthcaer are because it was originally associated with Mastakos, and Vinga nicked it.

Jane Williams