Re: Term of pregnancy

From: Jennifer Geard <geard_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:00:40 +1200

Me:
> >Can anyone tell me how long a normal, full-term, human pregnancy lasts in
> >Glorantha?

Peter Metcalfe:
> The only figure I've seen is 280 days although that's for the Amazons of
> Trowjang whose parentage is unusual.

Aha! It sounds like this is a recurring question. Although I can't get anything out of glorantha.temppeli.org at the moment, Googlecache tells me this was discussed in at least 1996 and 2000. It sounds like proportionality is the way to go, so a human pregnancy lasts four seasons.

Using very rough proportionality, this would make:

- cow gestation = 4 seasons
- sheep gestation = 2 seasons
- horse gestation = 5 seasons (a year minus Sacred Time)

Cheers,
  Jennifer

--
Jennifer Geard