Re: electronic publishing

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:57:15 -0800

Christoph suggested

> hasn't anyone at Issaries central thought about having a
> subscription website where everything is published as soon as it is
> available?!? After all, all the information is written on a digital support
> anyway, so...

Well, this pretty much means PDF, which I'm not a huge fan of (even if Acrobat Reader's latest version is fairly stable). And a new level of complexity dealing with customer support.

Would people really pay for a harder-to-read version of what would be appearing a few weeks later? (My guess is the answer may depend on whether you're in an area well-served by the distribution system -- folks in the USA can get things pretty quickly, I would guess that Switzerland is a bit slower.)

Jeff

> Um, that sort of website is called being a part of the GTA, I think.

Sort of. The final edited and layed out versions of stuff aren't available.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein